Friday, June 14, 2013

Finally Friday!

Okay, I know I just posted like 8 hours ago, but today is a new day and it's FRIDAY!  It has been a very long and busy week and I can't wait for it to end.  I just need a break...some down time.  The treadmill is going faster than I can keep up and so this weekend will be good to feel like I can get back on top of things.

I definitely stayed out too late last night.  By the time I got to bed it was close to midnight again.  That's about the same time I went to bed Wednesday night.  So two nights in a row with only about 5 hours of sleep?  Not good.  Lesson learned.

The bunny is out in the front yard again this morning.  Ed loved seeing the bunnies and would always leave little piles of treats for them (carrots, lettuce, etc.) and so it's nice that there is at least one that is still hanging around.

Since I took the bird feeders down, there are fewer birds I can watch outside the window, but that could also be due to the rain.  And this rain just needs to stop!  I know, I know....earlier in the week I was happy because it meant I didn't have to water the plants or the garden.  But as I look out at my poor garden and puddles are forming, I just hope everything survives being so water logged.

Today marks three weeks since Larry passed.  I can't believe it's been three weeks already.  And it has been almost two weeks since his funeral and the next tragedy has not shown it's face to me yet.  Yes, Missy and Dennis lost their beloved dog Buddy last week and I feel for them and their loss. But for me personally, I keep looking over my shoulder.  Could the pattern be ending?  I don't want to jinx it, but maybe there is hope...

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...