Sunday, June 2, 2013

Children (of all ages) Bring Happiness

Sunday was another busy day for me and Dan.  Today's was Bryce's Baptism.  Bryce is the son of my niece Missy and her husband Dennis.  I'm sure it was a day of mixed emotions for everyone with both Larry and Ed's passing.  It did feel weird going without Ed since this is his side of the family.  So I was so thankful that Dan was there with me.  Seeing the kids definitely helped make it a better day.  William and Grace as such cute kids and Bryce is the perfect baby.  When we were leaving we said we'd stay in touch and try to get together more often.  I hope so.

On the way home, Dan and I stopped by the cemetery to say our goodbyes to Larry and stopped to see Billy as well.  Once we got home, Dan took care of putting in the large air conditioner in the living room.  It's a big unit and there is no way I could have done it.  Even though it's going to cool off again after tonight, he wanted to be sure it was done in case it heated up again.  Then he went and put in the poles around the garden so we could put a fence up.  A thunderstorm started so I didn't get a chance to do the fence until after he left, but again, how grateful I am to have him to take care of the poles for me.

Dan is so good to me and I am so lucky and grateful to have him.  Of course, I wish he didn't have to leave, but I do need to allow him to live his own life as well.  But I so appreciate and am thankful for our time together.  We do look forward to a time that is quieter when life is not so hectic and we're not always running here or there.  Maybe soon.  We can only hope.


Harper & Pariseau Families
 
Mary with her kids and grandkids
 
Baby Bryce with his parents

William and Grace

The kids lining up for some cake

William and Grace enjoying the cake
Dan sneaking a picture of me and Bryce
 






No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...