Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's Still Thursday

It's technically still Thursday, right?  I'm sorry that I didn't write this morning.  I was up late Wednesday night doing work and then did some again this morning when I got up.  So I just didn't have time to update this blog.

And since I didn't want anyone to worry, I figured I'd better at least write something.  That, and at some level, I feel guilty missing a day.  I do realize at some point my posts will become less frequent and that will be a good thing on one hand--that at some level my life is moving on and I either don't have time to post or there is just nothing to share.  On the other hand this thought also saddens me because I know I'm not ready for my life to move on...not yet at least.

So I just got caught up in deadlines and busy-ness of this last day but here I am before I head off to bed, to be sure you all know I'm still here and "okay".

This evening after work I had dinner with two woman friends I've known from church.  Our lives have been in turmoil lately and so it was nice that we were able to get together and share a meal and just spend some time together.  We talked about struggles, and family, and life and even shared some laughs (and an appletini!).  And it was nice and I found myself sharing much more than I would have in the past.  Is this okay, I wonder?  It was natural, so I guess it was.  However, this is a new area for me.  Sure in the past I would share stories and the like.  But most details were only shared between me and Ed for we tended to be fairly private people.  I would share what I call "surface" stories--give just enough information at the surface level, but the deeper details were kept private.

But it was a nice evening and we'll plan to do it again soon.  And, even better, I didn't have to eat alone!  Now off to bed I go because I know lack of sleep will make me moody.  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...