Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1

The beginning of a new month.  Somehow I like to think that a new month is going to give me a fresh start.  Or rather, I'm hoping it will.

I am sad to see May behind me because it's a month I've always liked.  But it was another month of sadness and death.  Can this pattern possibly continue?  People keep saying "things come in threes" and I've had my three.  So will things finally quiet down?  I would like to think so, but I've become quite cynical lately (but who can blame me?).

And here I am hoping June will present new opportunities for joy and happiness and I wonder why I think that when today is both Michael's and Larry's burial.  When Michael passed back in March, the cemetery was not doing burials until after April 1 so we had to wait.  And you already know why we couldn't schedule anything in April.  So after Ed's funeral, we finally coordinated a date with the cemetery and Fr. Shaun--today.  And, then, of course, Larry passed last week.  And his graveside service was scheduled for this morning as well.  You know it's a tough time when funeral services for family members conflict.  And unfortunately I need to choose because I can't be at two places at once, although I really want to.  So June really isn't starting out that great.

However, tomorrow we have Bryce's Baptism so this will be a joyous occasion. For just as death is certain, new life does exist and we're reminded what a gift Bryce is.  And William and Grace will be there too and being surrounded by the giggles and laughter and innocence of the next generation will do our hearts good.  For life does gone on, even if we don't want it to at the moment.

So maybe we'll just call today May 32nd and tomorrow June begins...

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...