Thursday, June 6, 2013

Always Something

I just can't get a break.  Yes, yesterday was a success with good news from the colonoscopy.  And overall I tolerated it fairly well.  I did rest for about the first hour and then at noon I called into a meting at work and then proceeded to work the rest of the afternoon.  I wasn't tired and I wasn't loopy (at least I don't think I was!).  I felt pretty good.

However, as I was working on the computer, my anniversary ring caught my eye for some reason and I notice one of the small diamonds on the band is missing.  Really?  I take it off and I look more closely.  Yup....an ugly little hole where a small diamond used to be.  I am heartbroken.  This is the anniversary band Ed gave me for our 24th anniversary.  I remember it was our 24th because I had asked for one for our 25th and he decided he wasn't going to wait so he surprised me with it for our 24th.  And part of me is kicking myself because I was at Hannoush just last week picking up a gift and getting a new battery in my watch and the thought of getting my rings cleaned and checked crossed my mind but I just decided to hold off.  Damn it!  And there's no hope of finding the small diamond.  Who knows when it came out and it is (thankfully) one of the small ones in the band.  And I only say thankfully because hopefully this means it won't cost me an arm and a leg to get this fixed.  But, really?  I really need this right now?

I also had to straighten out things with my federal tax return yesterday.  I had not received my refund yet and couldn't understand why.  So after trying to check online--which didn't work--and after trying to call them several times and being on hold and getting disconnected, I finally got to speak to a person who informed me that they never received it.  Huh?!  She said just to resubmit it...not a big deal.  (And she also informed me this is why she doesn't e-file herself.)  So after a couple tries, and a couple more error messages, I finally get that resubmitted successfully.

After that, I decided to go outside and weed my garden.  I needed something to feel good about.  So I got that weeded and I planted the cucumbers and squash plants that I bought earlier this week.  The garden looks nice (at least I think so).

I also called my mother last night to have her remind me what Dr. Tessoni and I talked about in the recovery room.  Because I remember we talked about Dan and at what age he should get a colonoscopy and he gave me advise and I only remember part of what I said and what he said.  They had warned me that the medication they were giving me would cause some amnesia and that is why they recommended someone be in recovery with me when Dr. Tessoni met with me.  Good thing I listened!

I am thankful that I slept well again last night.  I think the cool evenings help.  And now with the colonoscopy behind me, I am ready for life to settle down and be "boring" again.  But first, a trip to Hannoush to get my ring fixed.  Always something...

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...