Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A "Good" Day

I know I said I wasn't going to post daily, but yesterday is what I would label a "good" day and so I thought how nice if I shared something positive for a change!  Of course I hesitate to use the term "good".  Was it really a "good" day?  Let me put it this way, it was one of my better days.

And the reality was that it was for no particular reason.  There was nothing special about yesterday--no special occasion, no special event.  Just a typical workday.  And work has been good.  I don't feel like my brain is functioning at 50% any longer.  I'm moving through things and accomplishing tasks.  Sure, there's a lot I still need to do--it's still busy.  But at the end of the day, I feel good and proud of what I'm able to accomplish.  I'm actually working through my "to do" list and crossing things off.

I saw Cheryl at Target and it was good to see a friendly face and get a hug.  When she asked me how I was doing, I was able to respond without choking up and tearing up for a change.  And I smiled as we parted ways because I only know Cheryl through Ed being friends with Joe and how lucky am I that Ed's friends are still here for me and they have now become my friends.  That I wouldn't otherwise know these people if it wasn't for Ed.

I was happy that I got home before the rain and I opened all the windows and let the breeze cool off the house.  And there was a bunny outside the kitchen window.  They are so darn cute.  And this morning there are two bunnies in the front yard.  It's amazing how much pleasure I get from seeing them.  I think because they are so cute and playful and because I know Ed liked watching them too.

Sunday night I awoke to some awful howling and screeching noises outside.  There was clearly one animal attacking another and I feared that the weaker of the two was one of my bunnies.  So to see them last night and this morning, makes me smile that they are still here and okay.

In other news, on Sunday an old friend of Ed's came to visit again...



The groundhog!  For years we had a groundhog under our shed.  And he would eat our garden and flowers and it would drive Ed crazy.  Ed did many things to get rid of that groundhog (which I won't mention on a public blog), but each year, the groundhog was back!  Last year when we redid our shed, Ed raised the flooring to discourage groundhogs from burrowing underneath.  Ed would be very annoyed to know the groundhog is back.  However, when he leaves the backyard it appears he is going down into the woods versus under the shed, so hopefully that means he found another home.  But I can't see that darn groundhog without laughing a little and, of course, thinking of Ed.  And also being thankful that we put a fence around the garden!

So for a change I started the week on a positive note.  Who knows if it will continue, but I'll take it and recognize it and share it with you all.

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...