Thursday, May 9, 2013

Is anyone out there?

Does anyone read this blog anymore?  I know so many followed this while Ed was in the hospital.  It was a way for me to keep you all posted on his status via a single source.  It eliminated the need to send individual emails or make personal phone calls or you all wondering how he was doing.  It was also helpful to me.  A way to keep track of what was occurring day to day because the days blurred together.  It was, and continues to be, an outlet for me.

Ed passed over two weeks ago and tomorrow will mark two weeks since we laid him to rest.  Once again I wonder what two weeks means.  It seems like yesterday, while at the same time it feels like so long ago.  As I've said before, it's just a marker of time.  That time continues to march on whether I like it or not.

So as I sit here this morning, I wonder if anyone is still out there reading this blog.  Does it matter?  In reality, probably not.  Because I'm no longer writing to keep you posted on Ed's status.  I guess I'm writing to keep you posted on my status.  How am I doing on this crappy journey?  How is Dan doing?  I obviously still find it cathartic to share with you, whoever you might be out there in the cyberworld, because I continue to write. And with that, here's my update for today.

Last night was a semi-better evening.  I had some plans after work and I decided instead to just come home.  The previous two evenings had been taxing on me and although I want to "do it all" I cut myself some slack last night.  And it did make a difference in my evening.  Well, it was that or the fact that I did all my crying while on the phone with my mother.  Either way, I was able to sleep better last night and I'm thankful for that.

Dan played co-ed softball last night with a high school classmate that he reconnected with at Ed's funeral (one of the good things that happened on that sad day).  Dan always loved playing baseball so it warmed my heart to hear he found this to do and that, according to him, his teammates are a fun group.  I'm hoping he also gets a chance to go golfing as well this summer because he definitely has Ed's love for this sport as well.

Ed's brother Larry is still in the hosptial and so please continue to keep him and his sister Mary in your prayers as they try to identify the root cause of his medical issues.  We have our fears of what it might be, but I try to remain positive and hope and pray for the best at this time.

And, if you're so inclined, click the little box below to let me know you read this and that you're out there.  Knowing you're there, even if I don't know you personally, warms my heart.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...