Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Losing Time in the Day

My mind wanders here and there and I lose time.  I could not tell you what I did last night after I got home from work.  I know I had dinner and washed dishes, but I know that didn't take me hours, so I'm not sure what I did with my time.  Maybe I was busy watching the weather.  Maybe I was just hanging out on the computer.  I couldn't tell you.

I continue to try to plug through things on my "to do" list.  I have a number of phone calls to return and I hate making phone calls.  Ed always did that.  Part of the reason is that you need to return calls during the day and once I get to work, I forget about these things.  I have made myself a list, but yesterday I neglected to pull that list out so it wasn't staring me in the face.  Need to do that today.

Which brings up one of my little annoyances and that is people who say they'll do something and then you never hear from them again.  If you're not interested in doing a job or helping me, then say "no" instead of telling me you will and then weeks go by and now I need to call you back because I haven't heard from you.  I will only call you back once and then I will move on.  But really?  You offered to help me, I was counting on your help, and then nothing.  I don't know why I should be surprised, though.  Although my life has turned upside down, it doesn't mean that you have changed your habits.  Lesson learned--I really can't count on you so you'll come off my list and move on.

On a brighter note...there are those who continue to show compassion and care and so I will focus my energy and thoughts on you.  Know how much I appreciate those who still cut me some slack.  That you are able to recognize that I am not operating at 100%--even though I may not even recognize it--and adjust your expectations accordingly.  And for those who still drop me the occasional note or card to let me know you're still thinking of me.  That you recognize that I am still grieving and that you still care and think of me and Dan, warms my heart.

And on that note, I will face the day.

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...