Thursday, April 11, 2013

That darn roller coaster again

Well I was hoping to tell you all about Ed's move to Elaine, but unfortunately that was short lived as he had to be transferred to the ER Wed afternoon.  He began to experience severe abdominal pain even with being on pain meds.

After about 9 hours in the ER (although most of that time was waiting to be transferred upstairs), he was admitted. They believe it is a blockage in his intestine. In addition his fluid levels are low and his potassium is high. As a result, they have inserted a NG tube and they have him in cardiac telemetry.  I left the hospital around 1:30 am once they had him settled and was back at 7:45 so I could be here when the docs made their rounds. So today we're watching and waiting and then we'll determine our next steps.  Ed and I have already adjusted his next goal which is simply to avoid the pain he experienced yesterday.

I will continue to keep you posted...

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...