Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lions and Tigers and Bears...

....well, not really.  More like bunnies and groundhogs and foxes.  The point is that our yard has become quite a place to see various wildlife.  And these are the ones that I happen to catch a glimpse of.  Who knows what I'm missing when I'm not home or not looking.

My Bunny :)

Turkeys

Gray Fox

Groundhog

And thankfully I've got a fence around our garden and a net on my new blueberry bushes and these are all coming along nicely which makes me happy.

Blueberries

The one flowerpot I did myself...not too bad.

Tomatoes
And so why am I posting about animals and plants? Because they are my distraction and focus right now. They are what I care for and tend to (well at least the plants). And when they grow and they bear fruit (or veggies), I feel a sense of accomplishment and that makes me feel proud. And I know Ed would be pleased. For the slightest disappointment right now--such as a plant dying--hurts. It makes me feel like a failure. I won't post pictures of the plants I've killed over the past two months. Rather, I'll focus on the positive which is a good perspective to try to have.

And with that, I need to go do some weeding and watering before it gets too hot.  Stay cool everyone!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...