Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Gravemarker

Today I approved the following sketch for our grave marker.


We are not "allowed" to have a head stone. The rule at the cemetery is a flat marker.  Oh well.  Need to follow the rules.  Besides the flat marker is expensive enough.  I can't image what a headstone would cost!  Just one of those necessary expenses though.

Regardless, I like to refer to it as "our" grave marker.  And there's some warped sense of comfort knowing this is ours and will be forever.  Our love, our marriage, me and Ed together...will be etched in stone forever and ever.  And that makes me smile.

The day I ordered this I felt a sense of comfort.  I did not like that I had to make all the decisions about it myself without Ed.  There are so many choices and options.  But I felt I made good choices and Ed would be pleased and the end result is my gift to both of us.

But this has been a long process.  I ordered this over a month ago.  But they are backed up and so, rightfully, they do things in the order in which they are received.  I'm glad to be one step closer to having this done.  It's unfinished business and I don't like that there's no marker on the grave.  That's probably why I've been a bit obsessed about having flowers there.

I can't wait now to see the actual finished carving.  I'll be sure to share it with you when it is done.

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...