Sunday, March 10, 2013

Loving You Always Mike

My heart has a whole in it.  I am numb and the tears come without warning.  My loving brother passed away last night.  He passed from this life way too young and totally unexpected.  He was only a year older than me and so we grew up together.  This meant we fought like the dickens but there was also that bond--no matter what, he was my brother.

You had your cross your bear (don't we all), but you were there when Dad needed you in his final days caring so tenderly for him.  And you have been there for Mom.  We all found comfort knowing you were there in case anything happened to her and to do things to make her life easier.

You loved us all.  You loved the holidays and looked forward to us all being together.  You so loved your nieces and nephews.  And how they all looked up to you.   "Uncle Mike"  You made them laugh, you spoiled them, and they loved you so.

Your life was cut way too short.  But you lived life to the fullest...you worked hard, you played hard.  You enjoyed the summers with golf and fishing and the winters with skiing and watching football and nascar.

The only comfort at this time is knowing you are with Dad...that life has come full circle.  Our lives will never be the same.  Our family will never be the same.  You will be forever in our memories.  And we love you so much!

Rest in peace my beautiful brother.  May God take you in his gentle hand and lead you home...


 

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...