Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bright Sunny Saturday!

 
This morning I woke up to a bright sunny morning--not a cloud in the sky!  Then I noticed our hibiscus is blooming.  Both signs of spring that will be here before you know it.  Yes, there is still snow on the ground from yesterday's storm--we got about 6-8" here.  But we've had so many gray, snowy, rainy days, seeing the sunshine is so nice.  I'm planning to take my morning walk outside to soak up some of this sunshine (versus the treadmill).  And tonite we change the clocks.  Yes, we lose an hour (which I'm not thrilled about) but it will be lighter later (it's so nice to drive home from work and have it still be light out).  I do love the change of seasons in New England!

In terms of how Ed is doing.  This week was better than last and I judge that by whether he had more "good" days than "bad".  He only worked a few hours this week so he also was able to do a few things around the house.  However, if he overdoes it, it does wear him out.  He tires very easily. The stomach cramps seem to have subsided which is good.  Overall a better week.  Just in time for his next treatment.  Ed has a CT scan on Monday and we'll meet with Dr. Bowers on Tuesday and he'll have his next infusion on Tuesday as well.  So if there's any pattern developing (which we haven't been able to pin down quite yet), next week cramping and pain will return.  It will be good though to hear whether the CT scan is showing any change since Ed is certainly feeling different.

I'll certainly keep you posted.  Til then...enjoy the sunshine!


The 6-8" of snow we got on Friday.

A beautiful bloom to brighten my Saturday morning!



No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...