Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday: Day 3 Post Surgery

Today Ed was quite tired and slept most of the day.  They did get him into a chair again but I think he stayed in that too long since the swelling in his legs seemed to get worse and it was difficult for him to get back into bed.

Ed's nurse today (a new gentleman) was less attentive and I think this bothered Ed at some level.

I didn't see any doctor's today (although Ed did) so no results from his leg scan yesterday. Ed did say they came in this morning to take a chest x-ray.

The good news is that in the afternoon, they moved Ed to the less critical section of the floor (Room #15).  This means a quieter room and no constant monitoring of vitals.  I think the change in room, getting a new nurse, and getting back into bed helped even though he continued to sleep all afternoon.

We did limit his visitors today since he was certainly not up to visiting.  Dan and I ended up leaving a little earlier usual.  I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

The Easter Bunny that Dr. Bowers brought Ed.  It made him smile.

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...