Saturday, February 22, 2014

Feeling Happy; Capture the Moment

So far today has been a good day and so I thought I better capture the moment before it's gone.

Today it warmed up outside and so I spent most of the day outdoors and I so enjoyed it.  Of course, since there's so much snow, there's not much I could do. But I putzed around.  I chopped any ice in the driveway and cut back some of the snowbanks.  I cleared a path to the propane tank and uncovered the hatchway (it was really annoying me that it was buried under 2 feet of snow).  I cleared snow at the bottom of all the down spouts.  It makes me smile to hear the water run down the spout because it means things are melting, including the ice dams and the solid ice that filled the gutters a week ago.  I filled the bird feeders which required walking through 3 feet of snow.  And I put the snow blower in the driveway so the sun would melt the ice build up.  And then I wiped it all down and sprayed it with some WD-40 (yes, Mom, I was listening).  And I even washed the windows in my car.  It's a beautiful day.  I'll soon be heading to 4 PM Mass which will be said for Ed today.  I hope the good feeling remains...

The snow blower sitting in the sunshine so the snow and ice in the auger will melt away!


No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...