Sunday, June 22, 2014

What a Week!

What a crazy week it has been.  It was just busy with things on the calendar every night during the week--volunteering at the church Tuesday night, Zumba Wednesday night, dinner with "Supper Club" Thursday night.  And Friday night was both calling hours for a dear friend and Relay for Life.

My friend Theresa Whitney passed away last Sunday, June 15th.  She was 85 and moved to Maine about 8 years ago so we didn't see each other as much as we would have liked.  But she lived in Belchertown when I first met her and I fondly remember parties at her house, drinks at McCarthy's, and road trips to the Griswold Inn.  She was a woman who lived life to the fullest, a woman of great faith, and I know she is  rejoicing with our Lord.

Dear Friend Theresa Whitney
Ed and Theresa would have some deep conversations.

Friday evening was also Relay for Life.  This was my first and I thank our team captain Eleanore for letting me join her team and making me feel welcomed.  It was a pleasant surprise to see my former hairdresser Julie, who I've known for over 20 years, also part of the team.  She became my walking/jogging buddy.  Dan and Nate showed up just in time for the Lumanaria lap and that was a pleasant surprise which meant a lot.  It was both a sad evening (sad that we even need to be doing this) but the love and joy of those working together in this fight against cancer was overwhelming and moving.

Julie, Eleanore, and Me

Team Peach Pedestrians

While I was at Theresa's funeral on Saturday, Dan and Nate put in the air conditioners and cleaned the gutters.  Love these guys!  They take such good care of me!  We topped off the evening with Grandma coming over for dinner and cards.  My first attempt to grill chicken.  It was a team effort and it came out great!  Ed would be proud of us.

Today will be a little more low-key and I plan to stay home and work in the yard (time to mow again!). I'm ready for that after the busy week I've had.  A week of many highs and lows.  Now I'm ready to just relax!  It's a beautiful day.  I hope you have a chance to enjoy it!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...