Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Wow! Christmas! So much to do to get ready and on top of it all, we now have this "cancer" to deal with. Very inconvenient--that's for sure! And, of course, I'm trying to keep all the balls in the air. People tell me not to try to do everything, that it's understandable, but me, the perfectionist, doesn't know how to cut back. So I didn't cut back and I'm trying to squeeze in all the usual things and parties.

I did have a great "reunion" with 6 gals from high school. We reconnected via Facebook and although I could pull (what I call) "the cancer card" as an excuse not to go, I went and had a great time (and Ed and Dan survived without me being home for a few hours!). We had Christmas Eve with Ed's family and Christmas Day with my family. Both gatherings were very nice and it was truly nice to spend time with family and friends. It was tiring though and Ed spent most of Saturday and Sunday sitting in his recliner with his legs elevated due to swelling in his calves and ankles.

Our focus now is getting Dan ready for Italy (he leaves 1/12) and his girlfriend is coming to visit for New Years (she's from Long Island). So we'll have a houseguest for a few days. I'm hoping once all holiday activities are over and once Dan is off to Italy (not that I want to rush him away!), life will be less hectic. We'll see...

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...