Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy (?) Easter

It's Easter morning. The sun is shining and the sky is a bright blue. Spring has definitely arrived as the lilac bush outside the window is budding and the various bulbs planted outside are beginning to bloom. Dan is home for Easter and that always makes me happy.

We spent time together yesterday just chatting as he hung out in the kitchen with me as I made desserts for today. We then did some work outside, made dinner together, and watched a couple movies. I like just hanging with him. It makes me happy.

Today we'll head to my mother's and spend time with family. Part of me wants to instead go away and start new traditions. Although traditions can sometimes be a good thing, it bothers me at times that we continue to do the same things we did "before" as if nothing changed. But everything changed and so with that I sometimes want to make significant changes as well.

But I also know my family is important to me and therefore I know I should and I need to appreciate this time we have together for, as we know, we never know when all of this could change.

With the arrival of spring and the start of a beautiful day, I will try to live in the moment and simply enjoy the moment and worry less about the future. I will enjoy time with Dan and with family. I will enjoy a day where I am forced to sit and relax.

I will appreciate the smell of the hyacinths and Easter lilies that fill the house right now. I smile when I remember how Ed always bought me Easter flowers and now I continue that tradition for myself. I bought extra so I could put a couple plants on his grave later this week. Saturday marks 4 years since he passed. But I won't dwell on that right now. No, instead I will simply enjoy today with Dan home and time with family. At least I'll try...

Happy Easter!


No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...