Saturday, December 19, 2015

TGITW

TGITW...Thank God It's the Weekend!

What a week!!  Work was absolutely nuts this week!  Issue after issue and fire after fire that needed to be put out.  As a result, there was no prayer of me staying on top of the hundreds of incoming email or crossing anything off my list.  I did my best to remain calm and not boil over, but the stress of the week surely tested me more than it has in a long time.  I'm sure the pressure of the upcoming holidays added to this as well.

The good news...  It's the weekend and everyone survived the work week intact!
The bad news...  It's less than a week til Christmas and I have so much still to do.  And so today and tomorrow are my last days to get shopping done, decorate, and wrap.  Well, that's not entirely true...I have Monday-Wednesday evening as well.  Sleep is overrated, right?!

I managed to get my Christmas cards out this week with a note enclosed that I hope fell somewhere between "unrealistic perfection and joy" (which is certainly not my life) and "totally depressing and negative" (which some days feel like).

There is still a heaviest that I'm carrying with me.  But there are also moments of laughter and smiles.  I did technically finish my shopping this morning and remained patient and kind with the crowds, traffic, and hustle and bustle of many people.  I even managed to make it to the annual cookie swap at our church and brought home a variety of cookies to share with Dan.  Yes, Dan is home this weekend...to finish preparing his gifts for Christmas and help me put up the tree.  I know he is one of the reasons my spirit is a little lighter this weekend.

I just wish things would be a little calmer so I could enjoy the holidays with those who are most special to me.  To go see Christmas lights or a play or concert.  To slow down, for just a moment, to enjoy the sights and sounds of the season.  To be with the ones who are most special to me.  I guess that's what December 26th is for...

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...