Sunday, September 13, 2015

Happy Sunday

Yes, you read that title correctly and I'm sure it got your attention!   I realize I tend to post when my emotions are strongest and that is typically when I'm upset and feeling down.  So this morning I thought I'd capture the fact that "it's a good morning!"

I woke rested and enjoyed a nice Keurig cup of Starbucks coffee (I splurged...Starbucks K-cups are a bit more expensive, but it's a treat to myself).  The night had a cool breeze with a light raining falling and I slept well.  And this morning is quiet--just the chirping of the birds.  Some email and text exchanges with friends started my day with a smile--a nice way to start any day!

I have another long list of things I want to get done today (nothing new there...I always have a list going).  But I'm inspired because I've already crossed several things off my list before 9 AM!


It's a gray morning...the sky is clouded over but even this does not have me down.  As I stood at the kitchen sink and looked up to the sky, I still saw brightness and felt...well, happy.  Happy to have such good friends that make me smile just by texting me.  Happy that I was moving through my list of "to do's".

Don't get me wrong...I still miss Ed.  But I have a lightness this morning, a positive energy...  and I'm going to run with it as long as it will last.  That could be 5 mins or 5 hours.  You never know.  And that is why I'm capturing this moment and this feeling.

As I removed the laundry from the washer this morning, I found a dime in the washer.  Now some believe dimes are a sign from a loved one who passed.  I tend to be more practical and instead wracked my brain to remember if I had picked up a dime at some point and put it in the pocket of the pants that were in the wash.  I don't remember doing that, but I must have.  Or maybe it is a sign from a loved one?  Either way, I've tucked that shiny dime in my pocket this morning.  If I leave it there, maybe it will show up again at the bottom of the washer and help make my day a bright one.  It wouldn't have magically appeared as a sign from a loved one; just me forgetting I left it in the pocket.  Either way, though, the end result is the same...

I hope you all have some happiness in your day and lightness to your step today!  Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...