Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I'm Here

I'm sorry I haven't written lately.  I'm still here slogging through life.  On May 9-12, Dan and I went to Washington DC.  It was a great trip and we had a terrific time.  We are certainly good travel companions--we like to do and see the same type of things and operate on similar schedules.

So planning for this trip and then getting back on track once we returned has been consuming the past couple weeks.  Very little downtime lately which I guess is a good thing.  As I've said before, keeping busy is good.  Last weekend was finally painting the kitchen.  Nothing new--just a fresh coat of paint.  I had taken everything down weeks ago and patched the walls so it really needed to just get done so I could put the kitchen back together.  Last weekend was also having to mow.  The start of another season of tending to the yard.  I was quite happy when both mowers started right up for me.  I did not attempt to use the weed whacker--I don't expect as much success with that.  The ads I see for a battery-powered trimmer and blower always get my attention, but I will attempt to use the gas-powered ones I have for now but may throw in the towel if they test my patience again this year as they did last year.  Granted my patience was much thinner than.

So life goes on.  Work is busy; tending to the home is busy.  But I promise to post about our trip to DC in the near future.  In the meantime, know that I'm still here, taking it one day at a time.  Year 2 is underway and although I still miss Ed tremendously and the void is still very much present, I am trying to figure out me, as an individual, and what I want my life to be.  What is important to me? How do I want to spend my time?  Just continue to navigate this path that is my life.  One day at a time.

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...