Friday, February 8, 2013

Before the Storm

Yes, it's Friday morning and the big Nor'easter is scheduled to arrive within the hour.  I thought I'd do a quick up on the blog before the storm arrives since I'm sure my next post will be of piles of snow!

This week is what I would call trying to get back to "normal" now that Dan is settled into his new apartment.  Now I HAVE to thank God that things worked out such that he moved in LAST weekend and that we had good weather for it.  Could you imagine if we had planned to move this THIS weekend--would not have happened and really would have thrown a wrench into things.  What I'm even more grateful for is that Dan only has a 4 mile drive home from work so I'm not worrying about him having to drive a distance in this storm.

Earlier this week Ed did go see his orthopedist again about his shoulder (since the shot he got last time didn't really help).  They have scheduled an MRI for next Monday and then a follow-up appointment next Friday.  So more to come on that (hopefully).  He had his last chemo treatment yesterday.  The tests show no change--which is good.  He has another regular appointment in 2 weeks and then they'll do his next CT scan.

In terms of the body aches, queasiness, etc., it's all about trying to manage this.  In terms of the leg pain Ed experiences it's when he's on his feet too long and so needs to learn how to manage this.  Now that we've got Dan settled, maybe we can spend more time focusing on this.

Well, I hope you're all getting ready for the storm.  I'll be sure to post afterwards. In the meantime, be safe!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...