Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas Weekend

I am so excited--it is Christmas weekend!  I really like the fact that we've got an entire weekend plus Monday before Christmas.  I have most everything done in preparation for Christmas except for those few things that you can't do until just before (like preparing some foods).  So it will (hopefully) be a relaxing, enjoyable weekend with Ed and Dan.  Last night I baked up some Cranberry Nut Bread and it filled the house with the wonderful smells of Christmas.


The best gift is that Dan came home last nite after work. He surprised me by getting home earlier than I thought (he got out of work early).  I know...he's only been gone 4 days...but I love having my family together.  It sounds like his new job is going really well and he enjoys the people and the work.  It also sounds like a very nice place to work.  Now if we can just find him a place to live.  Although Nate and his family have been very welcoming of Dan and making him feel at home which I soooo appreciate.  They better be careful, though--he may not want to leave!

Well, I'm off to be productive but before I do, I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and hope you have the opportunity to spend the holiday with family and friends!

Everyone seems to be posting on FB what their "Elf on a Shelf" brought their child.
So Ed took this picture of what our "Elves on a Shelf" brought us!!



No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...