Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thoughtfulness

Last night Ed's golf partner Mike brought us Polish food for dinner!  What a nice and pleasant surprise! For those of you who don't know, Ed does the cooking around here.  He loves to cook and gets out of work before me so he takes care of all our dinners.  By the time I get home from work, he has dinner (almost) on the table.  However, with him not feeling well this past week, I have assumed this responsibility.  Now don't get me wrong, I know how to cook and did it for many years.  However, Ed LOVES to cook and create dishes and meals, so I have allowed him this pleasure!  And it's my job to do the dishes--it works!

But now I am trying to plan out meals, get out of work in time to make dinner (at a reasonable hour), and figure out how Dan can help as well.  But last night, just as I got home, Mike had called saying he was coming over with the Polish food for dinner.  So thank you Mike!  That was so thoughtful and generous of you!  We so appreciate it!!

And as an update on Ed's treatment, we're not sure what will happen today.  Ed has a 9:30 appointment, but yesterday afternoon his doctor's office called to say that the insurance company has not yet pre-approved the treatment.  So if it's not pre-approved by his appointment this morning, we will have to delay the infusion.  As much as I could be annoyed by this, I'm not because I at least had the forethought to have them check on this so that we would not end up having unpaid claims looming over our head.  I just hope it's resolved by this morning.  We'll see though and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...