Sunday, April 22, 2012

Welcome April

The first week of April Shumway & Sons Tree and Landscaping was here to cleanup what was leftover from the October snowstorm.  They trimmed away branches that were broken and hanging high up in trees and also took down several of the heavily damaged trees.  They also did Kay's next door as well.  Glad to get those hanging branches cleaned up and not worry about them falling during a strong wind!



Of course my big news for April was running my first 5K on April 7th!  I can typically do 3 miles in about 33-34 minutes but there were a couple big hills so my goal was to finish in under 35 mins.  Wasn't I surprised when I crossed the finish line in 32:16!

Warming up before the race

Right after finishing!

Post race
Easter was a nice day with family and friends and nice weather!  The entire family was together at my mother's for dinner and we were joined by Momma Jean, Papa, Maureen, and Roger!  A great day!!

Every holiday I try to get Dan and Gramma to pose for a picture!
These two love each other so much!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...