Friday, July 18, 2014

Beating Cancer

"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer.
You beat cancer by how you live,
why you live,
and in the manner in which you live."

--Stuart Scott
Jimmy V Award Acceptance Speech
ESPY Awards, 2014



Dan shared this with me and these words spoke to both of us.  I guess I can say Ed "beat" cancer since I am amazed and awed at how he lived his life after his terminal diagnosis.  I can only hope I would be as strong and graceful.  He taught us all how to "beat" cancer.  Stuart Scott is doing the same.

Thank you Dan for sharing this with me.  You give me strength in so many ways.

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...