Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 19th...A Painful Day

I'm not sure why I am hyper focusing on each day and everything that happened one year ago on this day.  I guess that's just how grief works with some people.  I can't seem to turn it off and so I find myself reliving the moments, the feelings, the pain.

  • April 19th....my brother's birthday.  A birthday we will no longer celebrate together.
  • April 19th....my sister-in-law's wedding anniversary.  An anniversary she can only celebrate in her memory.
  • April 19th....2013....the day I signed the paperwork to officially put Ed on hospice.
  • April 19th....2014....Holy Saturday.  The sadness of Good Friday lingers and we anticipate the resurrection of Christ, a joyous celebration.  
  • April 19th....2014....A day to always remember and honor Michael.  A day to remember Mary and Billy's wedding day which marked the beginning of a marriage of unending love.  A day to remember a decision Ed and I made together, in union, a decision that put my love for him before anything else.
So maybe April 19th is a day about love...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for an end to the sadness, and brighter days ahead.

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...