Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Dan left Thursday night (Feb 9th) to go visit his girlfriend Cassie in Long Island for the weekend to both celebrate Valentine's Day and their 3rd anniversary together.  Can't believe they've been together 3 years--time flies!  So Friday night Ed and I went out to dinner at Ginger Garden in Amherst.  Very good food (Asian food, sushi) and excellent service--we would definitely recommend it (at least the Chinese food--we didn't try the sushi!).  It's on the corner of University Drive and Route 9.

Ed had a treatment on Monday (Feb 13th)--no changes, same ole, same ole--tired and queasy for a few days afterwards.  He's got one more treatment scheduled in two weeks and then they'll probably schedule his next CT scan.  We're hoping things look good and they can cut back for a bit.

Valentine's Day was pretty low-key.  All of us had to work and so we (okay, Ed) put a pot roast in the crockpot in the morning so we had a nice dinner waiting for all of us when we got home.  We also shared the bottle of wine that we received as a gift while in Italy.  It was nice to be able to share that with the three of us.

Now I know some people traditionally go out to dinner on Valentine's Day.  However, we were never one to go out and leave Dan behind.  That never seemed right.  And, yes, I do believe in time together as a couple and that is exactly what we did Friday night.  But even when Dan was younger, we felt it was more important to share time together as a family.  I mean, I love both my guys, so why wouldn't I want to spend time with both of them while I can!?  If you can't tell yet, we do enjoy spending time together and I'll cherish it (and take advantage of it) for as long as I can.

Our big news this week is that Dan finally submitted his thesis book last night!  Woo Hoo!!  He's been putting many, many hours into it!  Of course, his advisor responded within 20 minutes with the okay to print it!  So now Dan is figuring out how to print it and then get it to his advisor for necessary signatures, etc.  It may require a day trip to Bristol but it will be so worth it to have this done-done!  Then I can nag him about being more aggressive in finding a job!! lol  In the meantime, though, we are thankful he at least has part-time work and can live at home to save some money.  The student loans are already coming due!

So life is good and we're looking forward to going away for a few days in a couple weeks.  In the meantime, stay healthy, stay happy.  Enjoy the weekend!!

Roses from Ed that Dan delivered to work for me!

Flowers from Ed at home.

My Lucky Bamboo from Dan.  My guys really do spoil me!

Upside down picture of just some of the Valentine's treats we shared.  No picture of the 4 boxes of chocolates that we ended up with amongst the three of us!
Red Velvet cupcakes that I baked up for the guys!
 

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...