Sunday, October 2, 2011

October

My birthday was two days ago (Sept 30th) and lucky me has Dan home this weekend! He came home to play golf with Ed today (not because it was my birthday...but what a treat for me either way!). The golf tournament was originally scheduled for August but was postponed due to Hurricane Irene. So while the boys are out playing golf in the rain, I am doing laundry and putzing around the house. I just got done baking some apple crisp--one pan for us to enjoy tonight and then a smaller pan for Dan to take back with him tomorrow morning! It's a cool, rainy day and the house is now filled with the wonderful aroma of baked apples...yum!


On Thursday, 9/29, Ed and I took the day off of work and went to the Big E. Not the best weather...a bit rainy, but last year was a downpour and we didn't end up going, so we were determined to go this year. Walked all around through the State buildings and the Better Living Center...bought some gifts for Christmas and after checking out all the food selections, Ed ended getting a steak sandwich and then some Quahogs from the RI building. My only indulgence was a Maine baked potato...with the works, of course!


We then went to Carabba's for dinner on the way home and had a very relaxing, delicious dinner.

I couldn't ask for a better birthday celebration. Going to the Big E (which I love), having dinner with Ed (which is always nice), and having Dan home for the weekend (couldn't get better)! Life is good...

Nothing is better than having the family home together. I love them both!! Life is good...

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...