Saturday, October 15, 2011

Columbus Day Weekend

Columbus Day weekend was absolutely gorgeous.  In fact, it was a bit freakishly warm with temperatures in the 80s.  We would have liked to go away for the weekend, but unfortunately I was sick with some type of flu-like symptoms, so we stayed home and did a couple things around home.  If I was feeling better, I would have spent a lot more time outside, but we found a balance between getting out and about and me being able to stay home and rest.

Saturday we ventured over to the Paradise City Arts Festival in Northampton. Some very cool stuff, but VERY expensive! Most things were in the hundreds of dollars and some were in the thousands. We did buy one thing (as a Christmas gift) but it was under $50 which was a rare thing to find. Part of the fun, though, was checking out the prices. A beautiful jacket for $800; a necklace for $4500... Really?? It was entertainment for sure!

On Monday we headed up to the Hardwick Winery and did their wine tasting and bought some wine.






On the way home, we stopped at the Quabbin Reservoir. It was a beautiful day so we spent time walking around the Quabbin and enjoying the views.  We even ran into a few people we knew!  I forgot what a great place this is to visit.







All and all a nice weekend!

No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...