Saturday, February 3, 2018

Happy

"Happy"...is that what I've been feeling lately?

I recognize and acknowledge happy moments. After the new year, I opened my 2017 "gratitude" jar.  Those little slips of paper where I captured a moment of happiness, laughter, special times with friends or family.  Moments of recognizing the beauty in nature or special times with friends where we laughed and enjoyed each other, or when I tried new things.  They were all highlights of my year.  Specific moments noted in time.  I kept those slips of paper because I wanted to keep those reminders of the special people in my life who brought me joy.  "Joy"....another word I rarely use and over the past years, I wondered if I would ever find or feel "joy" again.

I think I am now or at least I'm en'joy'ing life these past few weeks. I smile more and I'm happier. I think Ed would be happy too. As a total stranger told me yesterday, "he wants you to be happy". It's not the first time I've heard this and I know it is true because even in life, that is all Ed wanted was for me to be happy and he gave me that (well, at least most days! lol).

Now it is up to me to find that happiness....in what I do and with people who make me happy.

I have my gratitude jar again this year and I'm hoping 2018 will see that jar overflowing with little slips of paper. Only time will tell.  Following the great advise of my closest friends, I'm just enjoying the moment, enjoying the day.  And, yes, I can truly say that right now, and for the past couple weeks, I am happy and it feels good.


No comments:

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...