Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving was a wonderful, traditional event.  Dan arrived home Wednesday morning.  I had the day off of work so I could bake pies for Thanksgiving (a pumpkin, apple, lemon meringue, and butterscotch banana).  Dan was originally planning to come home Tuesday evening but since he didn't get out of studio until 7:30 PM, we agreed it made more sense for him to get up early Wednesday to make the two-hour drive home.  He was home by 9 AM!

What I'm most thankful for...having Dan home!

We were blessed to have the entire family together for Thanksgiving and we never take this for granted.  There was my mother, my brother, my sisters, my sister's husbands, and their children.  Auntie Gingy (my mother's sister) also joined us this year as well as my brother's friend Andy.  It was a great day with good food and good company!  I love this holiday...a day set aside for family and friends and to thank God for our many blessings.

Our traditional photo.
L-R, Andy, Dave, Marion, Jeanne, Ed, Cathy, Tim, Mom,
Dan, Nick, Matt, Lexi, Ali, Theresa, Gindy, Mike (with Shana and Sparky)


Enjoying the meal...





Enjoying the company by playing some board games...

Team A won Taboo (Mom, Cathy, Theresa, Ali)

Team B won Pictionary (Marion, Lexi, Dan, Jeanne)

Grandma and Dan miss each other too...

Dan and Grandma

Dan left to go back to school Saturday morning.  He has a lot of work left to do to prepare for his final and he's not very productive when he's home.  Now on to the mad dash towards Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely thanksgiving food party photos. I am pleased that it turned out to be so enjoyable. Anyways, I am also in need of the best party Venues in NYC for a family dinner party. Actually, it has been a long time I haven’t hosted any party so it will be good idea to have good time with family.

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...