Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Okay, so I'm really bad about updating this blog. But I've been working on my Christmas newsletter and since I'm directing folks to this blog, I guess I should have some more recent updates.

I guess I'm not inclined to write much because there's nothing new to report. That's a good thing, right?

On Halloween we had our nieces and nephews over. Everyone brought some food for a potluck dinner and then the kids went trick-or-treating on our street.

Here they are in their costumes (L-R Lexi, Ali, Matt, Nick).


For Thanksgiving we went to my mothers. Here we all are for our annual picture posing around the table before dinner.

(L-R: Ed, Jeanne, Tim, Cathy, Dave, Theresa,
Mom, Dan, Nick, Lexi, Ali, Marion, Matt, Mike)



Today, Black Friday, I am not being as productive as I'd like. Dan is doing schoolwork (never ending) and Ed and I are just putzing around. Shouldn't we be putting Christmas lights up or something? Seems too early for me. I'm not feeling motivated to bake, but since I've got a pound of butter softening on the counter, I suppose I should go whip up some cookies.

Tomorrow night I am attending my 30th class reunion. That should be fun! Some of us have been reconnecting on Facebook, so it will be good to see folks in person. I can't believe it's been 30 years though--none of us are that old!!

Ed continues to do well. Still has his biweekly chemotherapy treatments. No changes there. He seems to have slowed down quite a bit and has many aches and pains, but I can't tell if that's attributed to the cancer or him just getting old!!

So I guess I should go try to be productive and knock a few things off my list. I guess this means I can checkoff "update the blog", right?!

Since it's Thanksgiving, and as we approach our 1 year anniversary of Ed's cancer diagnosis, it is important to pause and thank God that we are still fighting this disease. I would have never thought a year ago about where we would be and whether Ed would be with us or not. But I do realize, you never know when life on this earth will end of any of us. So cherish each day and make the most of it!

God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Cate said...

Thanks for updating ! I keep reading so don't stop !

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !
Love, cate

My Story

Lately I find myself moving through the days, being with others, laughing, and living life. Days pass quickly and grief, sadness, and feelin...